Whether you’re sick and wants to avoid spreading flu to others, or well but wants to prevent catching
flu, or just want to stay healthy and hygienic, frequent hand washing is the simplest way to keep
yourself and your family healthy, clean, and safe.
EASY STEPS TO AN EFFECTIVE AND PROPER HAND WASHING
- Make sure your hands are completely soaked with water so you can lather your hands well.
- Make a lather and thoroughly rub your hands with soap while focusing on the tips and in between your fingers, the back of your hands, and the palm. Do this for 20 seconds or just hum the “Happy Birthday Song” twice (or sing it, if you don’t mind).
- Now rinse your hands well by continuously rubbing your entire hands.
- Lastly, dry your hands using a clean cloth or use the hand dryer.
- If there is a hand sanitizer available, apply some to get extra disinfectant.
WHAT IF THERE IS NO HAND WASHING AREA?
If there is no access for water and soap, the best alternative is using a 60-70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer or a 60-above% solution antiseptic/disinfectant alcohol. But be aware that these alternatives won’t give you the same cleaning other than hand washing.
Source: Center for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S.A